Thursday, August 19, 2010

Missing Brazil

Less than two weeks ago I was with a group sent from my church on a mission trip to Natal, Brazil. Besides the lengthy flights both to and from the time there was absolutely rewarding. I miss it already.

We worked hard while building a new sanctuary for Igreja Batista Regular Emaus. The work was such a teamwork effort I even miss the laboring together. But the people...I miss the people. It's not like I could really communicate with them since my deafness and the different language they speak posed immediate issues. But the interaction in spite of these difficulties made it all worthwhile. I would do it all over again if given the opportunity. Most, or all of us, would do the same.

By now I see what I have missed by not following God's call on my life early in life. Instead of following what I felt was His call for me I did things my way. I robbed Him, but the one who lost the valuables was yours truly.

If you feel God's call on your life, please pay close attention to what I just stated, then fully commit yourself to Him. It might seem so difficult and maybe even impossible, but you'll be so glad you did. Trust me. I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment